Since evolution of mankind, tools are always been used to synergy the operational mechanism of technology. So, now when we are connecting with the world through websites and WebPages, tools like WordPress are amazingly enhancing the expression of our words on blogs or websites.
A website or blog is an advance technology for every person to showcase its expression and to reach far and wide, but also to remain connected with the potential as well as the existing users. WordPress is the tool which supports us to beautify our expression of thoughts over web. WordPress was started as a blogging platform. It has impressed a wide range of people and has blossomed into an interesting Content Management System i.e. CMS.
“WordPress was started in May 27, 2003 with a single bit of code with a version 0.7 by Matt Mullenweg and now we are heading towards its latest version that is launched on December6, 2016 is WordPress 4.7 “Vaughan””
WordPress is used by more than 58.5% of all the websites whose content management system we know. This is 27.2% of all websites as of Nov 2016’.
WordPress is basically a free and open source blogging tool and content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MYSQL, which runs on a web hosting service. It has probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today. It is also the fastest process of making a website operational. It is a state-of-the art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability. Word press is both free and priceless at the same time. It is a most robust, reliable and easy tool that makes publishing blogs and manage contents online very easy.
What is WordPress?
WordPress CMS is an ideal platform for its users as it provides an easy and simple CMS development option particularly for people with moderate knowledge of computers, novices and people who are inclined towards CMS development.
The best feature of WordPress CMS is that it can easily be used and implemented by anyone who has only basic knowledge of computers. It provides additional functionalities for the users who are not very skillful with coding and techniques. If you have a blog that requires additional pages, WordPress is the perfect solution for that. You can easily manage page content with WordPress CMS.
Its features include a plug-in architecture and a template system. Some more features of WordPress are represented with the help of diagram.
Nowadays WordPress is widely used by companies and it includes many BIG names also like BBC America, The New Yorker, Tech Crunch, The Official Star Wars Blog and many more. By its dominant features it disproves this myth that it may not be good enough for big brands.
Some of the benefits of using WordPress as a platform are described below:
- It has approx “5 minutes “installation procedure, which makes even the installation and setup process convenient for beginners.
- By using WordPress developers can create professional WordPress themes, including custom WordPress design templates. They can also develop custom WordPress plugins or even customize any third party plugins to enrich the CMS driven website with features.
- It is built for blogging. Whether you have a standalone business blog or a small page-based website, WordPress has all the CMS features you need.
- It has earned users favor by being simple, flexible, and powerful. And the more one uses it, the more we understand how simple, flexible, and powerful it truly is.
- WordPress is an open source blog publishing program that’s easy to setup and free to use. You use WordPress to manage posts, comments and files.
How CMS works
We would like to illustrate you how it works with the help of a diagram mentioned below:
With all of its features and advantages WordPress also have some limitations as described below:
- For any modification you need to have knowledge of PHP.
- In case of Graphic modification you need to have knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- To compete with Joomla or Drupal, WordPress needs plenty of plugins to be installed. Unfortunately these plugins influence the script’s efficiency and not in a good way. Another problem arises when you need to choose a plugin for a specific functionality
- The script is not protected as well as other applications. It all depends on how sesitive is the additional content of your page
- The script is not protected as well as other applications. It all depends on how sesitive is the additional content of your page.
- Sometimes Queries can be complex since all additional non-standard fields that make WordPress a CMS, require additional syntax.
We hope this article will help you to get an idea about what WordPress is all about, its features, how it works and its advantages and limitations. For more details you can connect with us on the below mentioned URL: