The earth, together with all of its countries and people become closer by its virtual presence and moving towards factual objective of globalization. It would not be an exaggeration that knowledge is an asset for a person. Fortunately, knowledge is accessible at your fingertips but accessing the desired knowledge within desired timeline is a challenge in itself. Search engine optimization (SEO) is a special technique which facilitates virtual users to get their desired information.
Search engine optimization is basically a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors (Traffic) to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search engine result pages (SERP) including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
It is a common practice for “Internet” search users to not click through pages and pages of search results, so where a site ranks in a search results page is essential for directing more” traffic “toward the site. The higher a website naturally ranks in “organic” results of a search, the greater is the chance that the site will be visited by a user.
In order to achieve this situation, SEO helps us to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine. SEO is typically a set of “white hat” best practices that webmasters and Web content producers follow to achieve a better ranking in search engine results.
An important aspect of SEO is that it makes our website easy for both users and search engine robots to understand. Although search engines have become increasingly sophisticated, they still can’t see and understand a web page in the same way a human can. That’s why SEO helps the search engines to figure out what each page is all about, and how it may be useful for the users.
In-order to understand it in a better way first we need to know about the words highlighted in the above mentioned paragraph:
- Search Engine Traffic: it typically refers to the visitors who arrive at a website by clicking search results leading to that particular website. Using a Web analytics program, a website’s overall search engine traffic can be segmented to show the percentage of search engine traffic for individual Web pages or site sections. Search engine traffic is used to describe traffic that a site has not paid for, in contrast to paid search engine traffic, which results from people clicking through on a sponsored search result or advertisement. It is also known as organic search engine traffic.
- SEO Service Provider: SEO service provider utilizes the practice of search engine optimization to increase the amount of visitors to a Web site by obtaining high-ranking placements in the search results page of search engines (SERP). Typically, a business will hire a service provider to improve its organic Google search result listings. It helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found and ranked highly by the search engine. SEO service providers offer a wide range of packages and options for search engine optimization, ranging from one-time fees for smaller sites to monthly subscriptions for ongoing SEO efforts and support.
Types of SEO Techniues
- Organic SEO: It is the phrase used to describe processes to obtain a natural placement on organic search engine results pages (SERPs).
Some examples of techniques used for organic SEO include using keywords and keyword analysis, backlinking, link building to improve link popularity, and writing content relevant for human readers
- White Hat SEO: It is also known as “Ethical SEO”. It refers to the usage of optimization strategies, techniques and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engine rules and policies. It is more frequently used by those who intend to make a long-term investment on their website. For example, a website that is optimized for search engines yet focuses on relevancy and organic ranking is considered to be optimized using White Hat SEO practices.
Some examples of White Hat SEO techniques include using keywords and keyword analysis, backlinking, link building to improve link popularity, and writing content for human readers.
- Black Hat SEO: It refers to the use of aggressive SEO strategies, techniques and tactics that focus only on search engines and not a human audience, and usually does not obey search engines guidelines.
Some examples of black hat SEO techniques include keyword stuffing, invisible text, doorway pages, and adding unrelated keywords to the page content or page swapping (changing the webpage entirely after it has been ranked by search engines).
- Grey Hat SEO: Grey hat SEO (not white and not black but gray) is a technique that does not fully use the second technique above, or maybe combine the two. Perhaps this is also the transformation from white to black and black to white.
SEO is a platform which helps us in number of ways like:
- It is good for business visibility and branding.
- It provides credibility to your business.
- It brings Traffic for you business.
- It has one of the best ROI’s in Advertisement.
- It gives you unmatched insight into your customers.
- It allows you to market to people when they are looking for the products and services your business provides.
We hope this article will help you to get an idea about what SEO is, why it is important know about SEO and how it can help us in getting more profits. For more details you can connect with us on the below mentioned URL: