In this world of overwhelming number of brands, product reviews play an important role in purchase decision. While price still plays a major role in pre-purchase online research, 61 % of consumers also put heavy emphasis on product reviews. Almost 3 quarter of consumers expect to find product reviews on shopping websites, while around half seek them out on company websites and on price comparison sites.
This process of review writing comprises both, the consumer and the expert product review editor. The experienced product-review editors spend hands-on time with devices, putting them through their paces to produce informed, practical and accurate reviews from seasoned category experts who have seen it all. They also practice to collect reviews from consumers like you to develop a broader view of how products perform over the long term and in different conditions. They use both resources to get a better feel for whether a product will fit your needs, and help you make a better buying decision or not.
Meaning of “Product Review”
In electronic commerce, product reviews are used on shopping sites to give customers an opportunity to rate and comment on products they have purchased, right on the product page. Other consumers can read these when making a purchase decision. Often, the company will include a URL on printed literature or e-mail marketing to invite customers to review their service after a transaction has been completed.
Process of writing a Product Review
Writing a product review of an item you have purchased and used can be a great way to share useful information with other shoppers, promote products you love, or just build your writing portfolio. One can review almost any product – from an electric toothbrush to a new hybrid car. However, the internet is inundated with product reviews, many of which offer only glowing praise or bitter criticism and are not useful to the average consumer. A good product review is based on research and knowledge of a product, and a balanced assessment of its benefits and flaws. Continue reading for tips on how to write a helpful product review:
There are 11 steps in this process of writing reviews about a product and you can summarize them into 2 Parts for the sake of convenience. By following these steps you can share your valuable thought with everyone online and you can help them in making their purchase decisions.
Part A: Getting to Know the Product
Part B: Writing a Product Review
Part A: Getting to Know the Product
- Research the product.In order to express to your readers that your review is reliable, you need to get information from the manufacturer’s website. Beware of publicity material released by manufacturers and look into the competition and research the benefits and flaws of products that consumers consider as alternatives. This will allow you to compare and contrast the reviewed product with the often numerous alternative products on the market
- Obtain the product.Buying or renting a product for review is the easiest way to get prepare for a review. However, you may be able to obtain a product directly from the manufacturer or retailer for free if you are persistent. If you have a blog and wish to post reviews, contact companies through e-mail, a phone call, or even traditional mail. Make sure to be up front about the type of blog you write and the traffic it receives, and keep your message short and to the point.
- Use the product.By using the product you are reviewing you can give your readers a genuine knowledge of the Product. A genuine appraisal of a product is the best way to draw a reader’s attention as Fake reviews that are full of exaggerated praise or criticism are widespread on the internet and most people don’t even read them.
- Know what readers are looking for.There are several reasons why potential buyers read product reviews, and you should think about these as you research and use the product before writing your review. Common questions readers would like answered include:
- Is the product easy to use?
- Is it of a high quality?
- Is it geared towards somebody like me?
- Have others had a good experience with the product?
- What are the pros and cons of the product?
- What alternatives are available, and how do they measure up?
- Is the product worth my money
Part B: Writing a Product Review
- Write the introduction.A good review introduction will not only hook the reader, but also provide a clear picture of the product under review and the product’s advertised benefits.
- Describe the product.Provide the reader with the basic information a consumer likes to know before buying a product. This may include brand name, model number, measurements, target demographic, price, and so on.
- Be balanced.Talk about what you liked AND what you didn’t like about the product. The most helpful reviews are those that outline both the pros and cons of a product, while readers will most likely skip reviews full of effusive praise or bitter criticism.
- Compare with alternative products.Discuss the product under review in light of similar products available to buyers, comparing the pros and cons of each. This will both demonstrate your research and knowledge, and provide the reader with a point of reference when making their next purchase.
- Pinpoint the target audience.Describe for the reader who you believe would benefit the most from the product, which will help them to decide whether the product is right for them.
- Write the conclusion.A good conclusion will summarize the benefits and flaws of the product, evaluate whether the product lives up to the company’s marketing, and communicate your opinion on whether the product offers good value.
- Publish the review.Choose the most appropriate forum for your review and post it online. There are countless online venues for product reviews; some of the most popular include blogs, dedicated product review sites, and product retailers.
Importance of Product Reviews
Product reviews are an essential part of an online store’s branding and marketing. They help in building trust and loyalty, and typically describe what sets your products apart from others. Reviews are important as they can help your store in a few big ways. Savvy shoppers almost never purchase a product without knowing how it’s going to work for them. They read the good, the not-so-good, and the downright ugly to make the all-important decision: should I pull out my wallet and take the plunge?
The immediate benefit of reviews is that they can make your future customers feel that much more confident. The more reviews you have, the more convinced a shopper will be that they’re making the right decision. Reviews can help increase a store’s online presence, too. Since customer feedback appears on each product’s page, reviews can help pages be found on search engines via unique keywords. Additionally, if customers share products they’ve reviewed across their social networks, its more exposure for those products and your brand.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Product Review
- You can find cheaper products.
- You can save your time.
- You can enjoy independence of cost.
- There are some products which you don’t want to buy openly. You can buy any sort of goods from e-shopping will maintain your seclusion that is desirable.
- Shopping online is hardly useless in purchasing products that are rare.
- Some reliable sites supplies buyer protection to motivate individuals to buy from their website. The website may give your money back if vender do not deliver the thing or deliver a product which does not match with the outline.
- There are tons of products to choose from and there are lots of selling sites.
- Different modes of payment even some sites provide Cash on delivery, which is very helpful for newbie’s because they don’t trust online payment. Although these payment systems are fully secured unless you somehow share your credentials with others.
- Best part is you have lots of deals and coupons present to loot. That means you don’t have to bargain for the right price.
- There are only few websites whose return policies are trustworthy.
- If you don’t have a decent internet connection then there is always some probability of transaction failure.
- You can only observe images of your product, assets of your delivered product may or may not be same as they describe on their website.
- You can’t see the product’s quality.
- If you are in rural area then sometime shipping may take 10 to 12 days. Or in urban areas also you may confront Delivery hazard.
- Sometimes returning the thing is challenging in case of on-line shopping
We hope this article will help you to understand the importance of product review, for more details you can visit us at: www.vanhostit.com