In the period of 1990s, search engines have treated links as votes for popularity and importance in the ongoing democratic opinion poll of the web. The engines themselves have refined the use of link data to a fine art, and use complex algorithms to perform the refined evaluations of sites and pages based on this information.
At that time, link building was an easy process. You could easily automate tools to submit to article directories and Web2.0 sites to generate backlinks. The quality of the article or inbound links didn’t matter so much. But on April 24, 2014, Google launched the Google Penguin algorithm, and it changed everything about link building. Today, link building is much more of a skill, and it takes time to get it right.
What is link building?
We can define Link building as the process of getting external links to your website. It is one of the important tactics used in search engine optimization (SEO). Most webmasters feel that writing quality articles will help them in getting links, but that’s not 100% true. Unless you specifically try to get links, it will be hard for you to do so.
Importance of link building
Link building is important because it is a major factor in how Google ranks Web pages. Google notes on their site that:
“In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages.”
Imagine that we own a site promoting Webhosting services that we sell. We’re competing with another Webhosting services provider. One of the ranking factors Google will look at in determining how to rank our respective pages is link popularity.
Link Building Strategies:
With the help of these strategies we can get links from other websites to our own site. There are a number of link building strategies used to get external websites to link to yours and they are as follows:
- Content Creation & Promotion – By creating convincing content that people will want to reference and link to, and tell people about it.
- Submissions – By submitting sour news to press releases, submit your site to directories, etc.
- Reviews & Mentions – Put your product, service, or site in front of influential bloggers.
- Links from Friends & Partners – Get people you know and people you work with to link to your site.
Benefits of Link Building
Link building is an important part of search engine optimization and here we are showcasing some of the major benefits of link building for your website.
In general, the popularity of a website or blog is determined by the number of inbound links. The number of inbound links from quality websites is also a big factor in determining your Google Page Rank (PR). After starting a blog or website, it is always advisable to spend the starting few weeks on link building so that you will have more exposure on search engines.
Incoming links from an authority website are always rewarded in Google Search. Effective link building doesn’t mean building unlimited links; it means getting genuine links from reliable websites.
Benefits of link building:
- It provides more visibility of your blog in search results.
- It receives traffic from other websites linked to you.
- If you have High-quality incoming links, then it means your site will be admired as a valuable resource. This can be easily done by writing quality content.
- It also helps in getting indexed in search results quicker.
- Link building is also considered an important aspect of SEO.
How can link building benefit your business?
As we’ve discussed, links are a very important signal that the search engines use to determine rankings. So, we know that increasing the number of high-quality links pointing at your website can significantly increase your chances of ranking well.
There are other benefits to link building, though, that may be less immediately obvious yet still worthy of consideration.
- Building relationships: Link building can often involve outreach to other relevant websites and blogs in your industry. This outreach frequently relates to the promotion of something that you’ve just created, such as a piece of content or an infographic. A common goal of outreach is to get a link, but there is much more to it than just this: Outreach can help you build long-term relationships with key influencers in your industry, and these relationships can mean that your business becomes highly regarded and trusted. This in itself is valuable, even if you forget link building for a moment, because you are creating genuine evangelists and advocates for your business.
- Sending referral traffic: A good link from a highly-visited website can lead to an increase in traffic, too. If it is a relevant website, chances are that the traffic is also relevant and may lead to an increase in sales, as well.
- Brand building: Good link building can help in building your brand and establish you as an authority in your niche. There are some link building techniques, such as content creation, which can show people the expertise of your company, and this can go a long way toward building your brand.
We hope this article will help you to understand the importance of Link-Building for your business, for more details you can visit us at the below mentioned URL: