Before getting into the depth of the topic, “How can a blog help us in increasing the dimensions of your business”, we should first know that what exactly a blog is and how it works for us.
A blog is an abbreviation of the expression weblog. It was coined by Peter Merholzin in the year 1999. We can refer a Blog as “frequently updated online personal journal or diary”. It is a place where you can express yourself to the world, a place to share your thoughts and your passion. In other words we can say that it is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis.
One who participates in the activities of maintaining a blog is known as a blogger and when a blogger expresses all his/her thoughts about any topic then this process is known as blogging and the final product is known as BLOG.
Blogs are normally defined by their format; a series of entries posted to a single page in reverse-chronological order. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author OR reflect the purpose of the Web site that hosts the blog.
In order to write a blog, being a professional designer is not required as many blogging platforms (e.g. WordPress) are people-friendly and don’t require advanced graphic skills.
Blogs provide you a platform on World Wide Web (WWW) and helps you to stay on top of news, trends and competitors.
Types of Blog
There are many different types of blogs, differing not only in the type of content, but also in the way that content is delivered or written. Some important kinds of blog are mentioned below in diagrammatic form:
As the popularity of blogging continues to enhance, the commercialisation of blogging is rapidly increasing. Many corporations and companies collaborate with bloggers to increase their advertising and engage online communities towards their products.
Why Should I need a Blog for My Business?
- A Blog is always been a simple and user-friendly platform which helps you in connecting with and sharingtimely and relevant information with your customers. It is your direct channel of communication.
- Your blog works as stimulator for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Search engines love valuable content and will reward you for it.
- According to online survey, Blogs can acquire approx 60% more businesses for you from your end users and customers.
- Blog is the heart of all of your content marketing efforts. It is so favorable for your businessesthat it helps to keep your social media pages active and popular.
- It gives your company a voice and new dimensions to grow. It creates a place where you can talk about your products or services, comment on timely news topics or market trends, and share company initiatives beyond your website.
- A blog helps in creating a collaborative conversationwith your customers, prospects and industry peers which leads to better interactions, comments and feedback.
- It helps in building your customer’s confidence in you and your product which leads to increase in your sales, as they find you a reliable resource of information in your industry.
- A blog can help you to create your Brand image as it provides you a platform where you can introduce your brand’s story, its insight, its mission, vision, philosophy, employees and ideas.
- It can help your customers and end-users to know why are you in this business and how you can help them.
- It is a cost-effective marketing investment which in long-run helps in building brand awareness and promote your expertise, products and services.
- It helps you in driving traffic to your website and also helps you in converting that traffic into leads.
- It helps in generating inbound links and we all know that having high-quality inbound links to your site is one of thethree pillars of SEO and without a blog it can be extremely difficult to attract authoritative links to your business website.
- It helps you to get higher rank for long-tail search queries; a site without a blog will have a hard time in order to get ranking forlong-tail search queries .Having more content is the best way to rank for long-tail queries.
We hope this article will help you to get an idea about what a Blog is and why it is important to use blogs for your business in today’s scenario.
For more details you can connect with us on the below mentioned URL: