In today’s scenario digitalization is becoming an important tool for almost each and every industry to sustain in the cut throat competition and around 46 % of total world population with the growth rate of around 7% every year using internet and heading towards digitalization.
Digital Marketing is the most prominent and smart way to reach to potential customers. Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and many more is the facilitator to connect potential customers and information. But the challenge arise to compete with similar information provider and to reach the potential user. In order to compete most of the companies have their website and to get higher ranking in search engine they use Search Engine Optimisation technique i.e. SEO.
What is “BACKLINKS”
We can define “Backlink” as an important tool which is used for Search Engine Optimization. Backlinks are basically incoming links to a webpage OR we can say that when a webpage links to another page it is called a “Backlink”. Backlinks are the techniques to assist your posted information to potential users of that information through a link which connect him from one website to another website.
It helps a web page to secure a higher rank in search engine or in other words plays an important role in the ranking of a webpage. A page with a lot of backlinks tends to rank higher in all major search engines like Google, Bing etc. because when a search engine calculate the relevance of a site to a keyword, they consider the number of QUALITY inbound links to that site and if we do have those quality inbound links on our webpage it will help us in achieving the higher rank in search engine means your webpage will come on the first page of search engine’s result pages asked by any user but you have not to be satisfied with merely getting inbound links, it is the quality of the inbound link that actually matters.
A search engine considers the content of the sites to determine the QUALITY of a link. When inbound links to your site come from other sites, and those sites have content which are relevant and related to your site, these inbound links are considered as QUALITY Backlinks but if they are found on sites with unrelated and less relevant content, they are considered as LOW QUALITY Backlinks. The higher is the relevance of inbound links, the greater is their quality.
In order to know about back links it is important to know about Backlink techniques. Some important techniques, which are used to build Backlinks, are mentioned below:
- By your comments on a blog you can always cite your website URL to invite people to view further information about the topic. This technique is known as Blog Comments.
- By posting an article in article directories which allows you to link back to your site. This technique is known as Article Posting.
- With the help of forum posting you may cite your URL if it is pertinent to the thread or post your URL as a signature. Just a heads up, some forums use the no-follow attributes to nullify the value of this backlink.
- In some cases other websites invite you to post a blog on their site and allow a link back to yours it is called Guest Posting OR
- In some cases forums allow you to post your website URL on your Profile and/or signature area. It is known as Forum Profiles.
- If your site has great contents, it will tend to be bookmarked and the link uploaded to several social bookmarking sites. This technique is well known as Social Bookmarks.
- Press Releasesare also an important technique of Backlinking. In this process your URL get published in NEWS sites with backlinks to your site OR they might be picked us as by a NEWS outlet earning you additional links.
- Another backlink tool is Social Outreach. It works like “press release”. A successful community outreach can land you an interview that will be published in interested sites.
- Submitting your website to local, industry and niche directories will net you backlinks. This is known as Directories
- With the help of contests you can get press coverage and which in turn help you to get backlinks.
- With the help of Business Network Profiles like LinkedIn profiles, you can post your URL on and so many other industry sites.
- Classified Adsare also helpful in providing an opportunity of putting in your URL as backlinks.
- In case your friend has a blog post that links to your blog post which links back to your friend’s blog post, it is called Tit-For-Tat Links.
- Now a Days Social Media is a very important tool to connect with the potential customers. It could be valuable as most social media sites prominently display a profile owner’s website URL. However, since Facebook, for example, don’t allow Google’s crawlers to index its profile pages; backlinks from Facebook will not affect Google SERPs directly.
- Sometimes links from one page on your site to another page count as backlinks and it is called Internal Site Links. Strictly speaking, internal site links are not backlinks but well made internal links can also increase the Google page ranking of your internal web pages.
- Brand Driven Linksare well crafted articles that strengthen a brand or enhance an already strong brand are newsworthy items that people would want to post in their own sites.
- Paid Ad Linksare also a widely using technique by website in-order to increase their search engine ranking but Google frowns on this as this can lead to link farms. This is grey/black hat area, but can be very effective.
- Infographics, videos, embedded contents, music and any ear/eye catching content that can’t help but be shared are known as Link Bait(s).
- Likewise social outreach donations are also used for this purpose, but nowadays charity can be used as another form of marketing and obtaining links.
We hope this article will help you to get an idea about what BACKLINKS are, its importance and tools which are used to create backlinks. For more details you can connect with us on the below mentioned URL: